As cases of the novel Coronavirus continue to spread, we would like to share with you our plans for how we will continue to support you while we all work towards reducing the level of social contact in the short term.
HIV Community Link is continuing to provide services in Calgary and Medicine Hat. While our office doors are closed temporarily, we are actively providing support by phone and through outreach. We are working on developing new ways to offer some of our services, such as online education and delivery services to our registered clients.
As of March 20th, the programs we offer are as follows:
- Client appointments: we ask our clients to call us at (403) 508-2500 in Calgary or contact their HIV Support and Shift case manager by phone and email to discuss their needs and appointments;
- Food hampers: The Calgary Food Bank has opened a Hamper Request Line (403-253-2055). Registered clients can call us for support to access the services;
- Harm reduction supplies: Call us at (403) 508-2500 for information or delivery options;
- Group Meetings: we have suspended all group activities involving clients, staff and volunteers. The Friday Lunch events and Sweatlodge Ceremonies are also suspended until further notice;
- Prevention & Education: contact us online or by calling (403) 508-2500 with the following extensions:
Drumbeat (African, Black and Caribbean communities): Extension 109
HEAT (gay, bi and other men who have sex with men): Ext 129
Strong Voices (Indigenous Communities): Extension 115
IN MEDICINE HAT:
- Harm Reduction Supplies: We can help you receive harm reduction supplies. Call us at (403) 527-5882 for details;
- Needle Debris: we continue to work with the community to offer needle debris services. If you find a needle, call or text (403) 866-4698;
- Well Program: People who think they are pregnant and current clients can call or text us for support at (403) 866-4771;
All other client and community inquiries should be forwarded to email@example.com or by calling the Calgary office at (403) 508-2500 and the Medicine Hat office at (403) 527-5882.
If you are experiencing mental health concerns, please call the Distress Centre at 403-266-HELP (4357) or access online resources at https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx.
Thank you to our donors and funders for the support during these unprecedented times.
Please check our social media for daily updates!