With provincial restrictions changing, HIV Community Link is planning for our re-entry as an organization while continuing to be committed to protecting and supporting our clients, employees, and the public. We are constantly assessing how COVID-19 impacts our agency and clients and adapting our work based on the most up-to-date health authority recommendations. At this time, we have made the decision to continue to suspend most in-person training, volunteer activities, and group events and will re-evaluate this decision in September.
Currently, we offer:
- Client appointment times are available between 9 am-12 pm Monday to Friday;
- Drop-in space is open between 1– 4 pm Monday to Friday (with limited capacity);
- Food hampers will be available for pickup by appointment and by delivery as-needed;
- Harm reduction supplies are available for pickup or delivery on an as-needed basis;
- Community STBBI testing clinics for gay, bi and other men who have sex with men available as of July 9th;
- HIVCL outreach services will remain active and will continue at an increased capacity.
In Medicine Hat:
- The team is offering support daily (Monday to Friday) through outreach.
- In-person and virtual appointments with Harm Reduction and Well Program staff are available Monday to Friday;
- Harm reduction supplies are available through outreach Monday to Friday, or by delivery on an as-needed basis;
- Access the Needle Debris Hotline by calling (403) 866-4698.
The safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. If entering our office, we ask that you continue to wear a mask and that you do not enter if you are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath, or if you have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
HIV Community Link encourages you to use phone, email, or online options when possible. To get in touch, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Calgary office at (403) 508-2500 or the Medicine Hat team at (403) 527-5882.
Thank you for your patience while we continue to adapt operations to meet public health recommendations. We also want to thank our donors, volunteers, and funders for their ongoing support.