We are excited to announce that HIV Community Link is reopening its offices for limited services in Calgary and Medicine Hat. Our goal is to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission while protecting and supporting our clients, employees and the public at large.
In Calgary, the client space reopens on July 6th with the following changes:
1. Client appointments are available between 9am-12pm Monday to Friday;
2. Drop-in space is open between 1– 4pm Monday to Friday with limited capacity;
3. Food hampers will be available for pickup in our drop in space by appointment and by delivery on an as needed basis;
4. Harm reduction supplies and safer sex supplies are available for pickup at our office, or by delivery on an as needed basis.
5. HIVCL outreach services will remain active.
In Medicine Hat, the client space reopens on July 20th:
1. In-person and virtual appointments with Harm Reduction and Overdose Prevention staff are available between 12-2pm Monday to Friday;
2. Well Program clients can book in-person or virtual appointments between 9am-2pm Monday to Friday;
3. Harm reduction supplies are available for pickup at our drop-in space between 2-4pm Monday to Friday, or by delivery on an as-needed basis:
4. Outreach services remain active.
The safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. If entering our office, please:
1. Respect the 2-metre physical distancing guidelines;
2. Use the hand sanitizer station when you enter the office;
3. Do not enter if you are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath or if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19. Please visit https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx for self-assessment and testing;
4. You are encouraged to also wear a mask, although this is not mandatory to access services (this may be provided to you by staff, dependent on availability);
All in-person trainings and group activities in the client spaces are postponed for the time being. Friday Lunch events and Sweatlodge Ceremonies are also suspended until further notice. We are refocusing all these efforts to online opportunities and providing one-on-one support.
HIV Community Link encourages you to use the phone, email or online options when possible. To get in touch, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Calgary office at (403) 508-2500 and the Medicine Hat office at (403) 527-5882.
Thank you for your patience while we adapt operations to the new normal. We also want to thank our donors, volunteers and funders for their ongoing support.