Our HIV Community Link offices in Calgary and Medicine Hat are open for limited services. Our goal is to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission while protecting and supporting our clients, employees and the public at large.
1. Client appointments are available between 9 am-12 pm Monday to Friday;
2. Drop-in space is open between 1– 4 pm Monday to Friday with limited capacity;
3. Food hampers will be available for pickup in our drop-in space by appointment and by delivery on an as-needed basis;
4. Harm reduction supplies and safer sex supplies are available for pickup at our office, or by delivery on an as-needed basis.
5. HIVCL outreach services will remain active.
In Medicine Hat:
1. In-person and virtual appointments with Harm Reduction, Overdose Prevention and Well Program staff are available between 12-4 pm Monday to Friday;
2. Harm reduction supplies and drop-in space are available between 12-4 pm Monday to Friday, or by delivery on an as-needed basis by calling (403) 527-5882;
3. Outreach services remain active.
The safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. If entering our office, please:
1. Respect the 2-metre physical distancing guidelines; masks are mandatory (this may be provided to you by staff, dependent on availability);
2. Use the hand sanitizer station when you enter the office; masks are mandatory (this may be provided to you by staff, dependent on availability);
3. Do not enter if you are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath or if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19. Please visit https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx for self-assessment and testing;
All in-person trainings and group activities in the client spaces are postponed for the time being. Friday Lunch events and Sweatlodge Ceremonies are also suspended until further notice. We are refocusing all these efforts on online opportunities and providing one-on-one support.
HIV Community Link encourages you to use the phone, email or online options when possible. To get in touch, email us at email@example.com or call the Calgary office at (403) 508-2500 and the Medicine Hat office at (403) 527-5882.
Thank you for your patience while we adapt operations to the new normal. We also want to thank our donors, volunteers and funders for their ongoing support.